4 liter rxhaust manifolds.
Clare Snyder
2021-07-29 00:03:24 UTC
Any experience removing exhaust manifolds on 4.0 OHV Ford Ranger? They
have 10mm heads. I "gently " tried on this afternoon - appeared VERY
TIGHT. Fo I heat the heads, soak with penetrant, use an impact, or
combination of any 2 or 3? What are the chances of breaking the bolts
since the reason I need to remove them is to replace broken exhaust
studs. What size are the manifold bolts?? All the dealer could tell me
is they are about $18 each and there are 12 of them. Also what size
are the exhaust studa. They were less than 6mm thick when I attempted
to remove them.
Lynn McGuire
2021-08-05 21:47:43 UTC
Post by Clare Snyder
Any experience removing exhaust manifolds on 4.0 OHV Ford Ranger? They
have 10mm heads. I "gently " tried on this afternoon - appeared VERY
TIGHT. Fo I heat the heads, soak with penetrant, use an impact, or
combination of any 2 or 3? What are the chances of breaking the bolts
since the reason I need to remove them is to replace broken exhaust
studs. What size are the manifold bolts?? All the dealer could tell me
is they are about $18 each and there are 12 of them. Also what size
are the exhaust studa. They were less than 6mm thick when I attempted
to remove them.
Not the same vehicle but the same problem, "Ford F700 Project - Exhaust
Manifold Leaks (Gas Engine) - Part 1"

Youtube is a good XXXX great place to see videos of many problems.

Lynn