1995 Ford Mustang Brake Parts help
genius
2007-01-24 17:18:57 UTC
Hey All,

I have a 1995 mustang GT convertible, 5peed with 4 wheel disc brakes.
While removing the passenger side rear caliper, the E-Brake cable was
in the way. To make a long story short, I removed the E-Brake return
spring retaining bolt (Ford # E80Y2A795A) at the caliper and with the
springs pressure and my lack of knowledge, patwaaanged that bolt to
goodness knows where. I am having a heck of a time finding another one
and I guess it's a "limiting" bolt whatever that means. Does anyone
know of a good source to get this bolt quickly? Also, any tips to put
this bolt back in when I do get one and retension the spring?

TIA,

Derek
s***@optonline.net
2007-01-24 18:04:47 UTC
Post by genius
Hey All,
I have a 1995 mustang GT convertible, 5peed with 4 wheel disc brakes.
While removing the passenger side rear caliper, the E-Brake cable was
in the way. To make a long story short, I removed the E-Brake return
spring retaining bolt (Ford # E80Y2A795A) at the caliper and with the
springs pressure and my lack of knowledge, patwaaanged that bolt to
goodness knows where. I am having a heck of a time finding another one
and I guess it's a "limiting" bolt whatever that means. Does anyone
know of a good source to get this bolt quickly? Also, any tips to put
this bolt back in when I do get one and retension the spring?
TIA,
Derek
Check a dealership? You have the OE number so maybe they still use it
on newer vehicles, otherwise it could be obsolete and no longer
available. Unlikely for a bolt to go obsolete, like an inner door
panel or driver seat for a specific model and year.

Or go to fordparts.com, see what you can find.
Vertuas

Derek
Nate Nagel
2007-01-27 00:54:03 UTC
I can't find that word in my dictionary and yet I have no problem
visualizing what happened. I think my English teacher would have called
that onomatopaeia? (sp?) LOL there's your word of the day

nate
--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel
Jeff
2007-01-27 19:38:13 UTC
Post by genius
Hey All,
I have a 1995 mustang GT convertible, 5peed with 4 wheel disc brakes.
While removing the passenger side rear caliper, the E-Brake cable was
in the way. To make a long story short, I removed the E-Brake return
spring retaining bolt (Ford # E80Y2A795A) at the caliper and with the
springs pressure and my lack of knowledge, patwaaanged that bolt to
goodness knows where. I am having a heck of a time finding another one
and I guess it's a "limiting" bolt whatever that means. Does anyone
know of a good source to get this bolt quickly? Also, any tips to put
this bolt back in when I do get one and retension the spring?
TIA,
Derek
Do you have any friends with a 95 mustang with 4 wheel disk brakes?

If not, besides your local dealer, I would try a brake place.

Jeff
genius
2007-01-30 16:12:18 UTC
Post by genius
Hey All,
I have a 1995 mustang GT convertible, 5peed with 4 wheel disc brakes.
While removing the passenger side rear caliper, the E-Brake cable was
in the way. To make a long story short, I removed the E-Brake return
spring retaining bolt (Ford # E80Y2A795A) at the caliper and with the
springs pressure and my lack of knowledge, patwaaanged that bolt to
goodness knows where. I am having a heck of a time finding another one
and I guess it's a "limiting" bolt whatever that means. Does anyone
know of a good source to get this bolt quickly? Also, any tips to put
this bolt back in when I do get one and retension the spring?
TIA,
Derek
Hey All,

Thanks for the help. I did locate a bolt (actually a limiting bolt)
out of Memphis TN. I paid $15 for a single bolt and for the life of
me can't get the caliper return spring back on. That ended up costing
me two new calipers. Now I am having a heck of a time getting it bled
and possibly got air in the ABS controller and have to take it in to
get it bled. That turned out to be one expensive patwaaang, but at
least I have new calipers in the rear. Thanks to all that replied.

Derek
Sam Casabene
2021-04-15 18:15:04 UTC
HI there.........do you still have that bolt/ stud you bought before you bought the new calipers
--
For full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/ford/1995-ford-mustang-brake-parts-help-30115-.htm