2009 Ford Escape XLT I4 HVAC fan problem
Andrew Chaplin
2022-03-04 23:36:57 UTC
The fan has four speed settings, 1 through 4. The fan appears to have stopped working on the lower two settings. Settings 3 and 4 operate as always. Has anyone encountered this? What is the solution?
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO
Michael Trew
2022-03-05 00:12:09 UTC
Post by Andrew Chaplin
The fan has four speed settings, 1 through 4. The fan appears to have stopped working on the lower two settings. Settings 3 and 4 operate as always. Has anyone encountered this? What is the solution?
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO
My grandmother had a similar issue in her circa 2012 Ford Focus a few
years ago. Fortunately, the fan speeds gave out JUST before the
warranty expired, and the dealer repaired it. I'm not sure if that's a
coincidence, or not. I'm also not sure if it was the selector switch,
or the whole fan, that they replaced.
Lynn McGuire
2022-03-05 03:51:37 UTC
Post by Andrew Chaplin
The fan has four speed settings, 1 through 4. The fan appears to have stopped working on the lower two settings. Settings 3 and 4 operate as always. Has anyone encountered this? What is the solution?
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO
You need to replace the fan resistor which is regressively burning out.
Autozone has them for sale. Or even Amazon.

Lynn
Lynn McGuire
2022-03-05 04:54:43 UTC
Post by Andrew Chaplin
The fan has four speed settings, 1 through 4. The fan appears to have stopped working on the lower two settings. Settings 3 and 4 operate as always. Has anyone encountered this? What is the solution?
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO
"How to Replace Blower Motor Resistor 08-12 Ford Escape"

Lynn