Windstar LX and gas smell with A/C on
Ron Kneusel
2004-08-04 22:08:04 UTC
I have a 2000 Windstar LX and often, not every time, when the A/C has
been on for a while, I get a strong smell of gasoline in the car. The
last time it happened it was very hot out and the smell was very
strong, even outside the car.

If the A/C is not running there is no smell at all.

Has anyone run across this or know what might be causing this?

Thanks!

Ron
Superunkn0wn0ne
2022-07-24 03:31:13 UTC
I have the same issue. The hotter outside the more gas smell. Ive replaced the gas cap and no change
For full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/ford/windstar-lx-and-gas-smell-with-a-c-on-67542-.htm
Lynn McGuire
2022-07-25 21:03:05 UTC
Post by Superunkn0wn0ne
I have the same issue. The hotter outside the more gas smell. Ive
replaced the gas cap and no change.
Check the hose to the vapor absorption canister.

Lynn